The Bill of Materials (BOM) module is used to build component/parent
relationships between part numbers,
which are used for costing, stock control, and
cross referencing of parts, and provides special features with Invoicing
and Job Control.
- BOM's may be used to describe the components used to produce/assemble a parent part number.
- BOM's may be multi-level with no limit to levels. Eg: Component to sub-assembly, to sub-assembly, to parent.
- The components in a BOM may also be sold individually.
- Recosting: BOM's can be used to recost parent part numbers. Once a BOM is set up, you are able to recost the parent part number at any time. An optional special feature of EASE is the automatic re-costing (by a relative value) of a parent part number when a component changes cost.
- Stock Control: Sales via Invoicing and stock receipts may automatically affect the stock of components rather than the parent part number entered.
- You can produce reports and enquiries of total component sales, including those sold within a completed unit or kit (the parent part number).
- BOM details may be sent to a tab file.
- BOM's may be used for Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- BOM's may be used to cross reference part numbers.
Return to EASE Modules